Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TOP 30 SNEAKER QUOTES IN HIP HOP





It goes without saying that if you are a sneaker collector that the influences of hip hop culture is not too far behind. In fact the case could be made that sneakers don’t achieve “stickiness” status until a rap artist mentions a certain sneaker in his/her song. It all started on a summer day in 1986, when Run-DMC performed their classic the aptly titled “My Adidas” in front of 20,000 fans at Madison Square Garden. To the surprise of Adidas officials, on cue, 4,000 fans held up their Shelltoes with no laces. The executives knew what a huge influence that Run DMC had on their brand and immediately signed them to a lucrative endorsement deal worth 1.6 Million. Since then there has been memorable lines over the years and only a few full length songs I would consider worth mentioning at all. With that said, I’ve decided to take a closer look and some of the lines any sneakerhead worldwide could appreciate and love. The order is debatable but the impact of some of these quotables can’t be overlooked.

30.
“This s#!* can get uglier than the Master P sneaker”
Lloyd Banks - Victory Freestyle
29.
“If it was them, soon I will collide with them, and they better not be rockin’ no new Iverson’s”
Common - Stolen Moments Part 2
28.
“Run on sonny go get ya posse, cause I got a mosse, we all wear huarache’s”
Shyheim - One 4 The Money
27.
“Lampin in the Hamptons, the weekend’s man, The Stan Smith Adidas and the Campus”
Jay-Z - Jigga That N!*^@
26.
“I went from old school Chevy’s to drop top Porsches, you couldn’t walk a mile off in my air forces”
Young Jeezy - Air Forces
25.
“Aw yeah, we put them things in  the air, When I drop a single, It’s really like a pair of Air Jordan’s”
Common - Sweet
24.
“The Flicker Flocker, wicked sneaker rocker footwear, Strike me out God, stackin up joints rack em like footlocker”
Raekwon - John Blaze
23.
“Stay true to the game loc, guest list and terror clothes, in jeans and tennis shoes breakin your strict dress code”
Rass Kass – Ghetto Fabulous
22
“I’m broke as hell, I had to buy all my girls fifty four eleven Reebok’s at wholesale”
Redman - Soopaman Luva 3
21.
“My Nikes got N!@*#% tryin to cut my feet off”
Mad Skillz – In Da Club Freestyle
20.
“Gimme the black and platinum, and the leather grey, the ones in the back and the pair you got on display”
Nelly – Air Force Ones
19.
“Uptown got the La-La spots, and bad ass h#*$ in fifty four eleven Reebok’s”
Redman – Pick it Up
18.
“If you botch up, what’s in that ass? A pair of Nikes size ten-and-a-half”
Q-Tip – Excursions
17.
“Ivizu jeans cover the rectum, my kick game just like David Beckham”
Jay-Z – Wake Up
16.
“I told Pooh in 95, I’d kill you if you try me for my Air Max 95’s”
The Game - Hate It Or Love It
15.
“I stay strapped like car seats, been banging since my lil N!*#@ Rob got killed for his Barkley’s”
The Game - Hate It Or Love It
14.
“She’s like f#*! it I’ll just stay down here and do hair, cause that’s enough money to buy her a few pairs of new airs”
Kanye - All Falls Down
13.
“Another dose and you might be dead, and I’m a Nike head, I wear chains that excite the feds”
Nas – Halftime
12.
“My adidas cuts the sand of a foreign land, with the mic in my hand, I cold took command”
DMC – My Adidas
11.
“Keep my feet blessed, Fresh with the Scottie Pippen’s, in the game of life I play all position”
Pete Rock – Tru Master
10.
“I don’t have a car but I own a pair of Reebok’s, it gets me where I’m going until my damn feet stop”
Redman – “Watch Yo Nuggets”
9.
“Cop the Jordan’s, 2 week before they came out”
Memphis Bleek – Intro Hand It Down
8.
“I’m a addict for sneakers, 20’s of Buddha and b*#!*#^  with beepers”
Nas – N.Y. State Of Mind
7.
“I can’t even go to the grocery store, without some ones that’s clean or a shirt with a team”
Kanye – All Falls Down
6.
“Woolie Willie got a pair of my sneakers, I wonder where he got’ em cause I hid’ em behind my speakers”
Sadat X – Slow Down
5.
“I like Nike but wait a minute, the neighbourhood supports so put some money in it”
Chuck D – Shut Em Down
4.
“Leave you black and blue like a pair of penny’s”
Cam’ron – 357
3.
 I sport new balance sneakers to avoid a narrow path”
Phife Dawg – Buggin Out
2.
“The last sneaker who stuck his lace in Fila’s hole, was caught dead hanging from a telephone pole”
K-Solo – Sneak Tip
1.
“I drop jewels, wear jewels, hope to never run it with more kicks then a baby in a mother’s stomach”
Nas – Halftime

1 comment:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...